Thursday, October 7, 2010

Things are about to change!

Hello family and friends

Well the day is almost upon me.  I leave on this massive trip on Monday morning at 8:30.  Only 4 days left!!!  I can't believe it already here.  It seems like I am recounting a movie or book, not my actual plans for the next 4 months.  It will be amazing.

To bring everyone up to speed, here is the run down on the trip. 

The trip will start with 2 1/2 weeks in Thailand split between Bangkok and Chiang Mai in the North of the country.  From there I take a flight to Hanoi, Vietnam.  Once we are in Vietnam I have 3 1/2 weeks to make it down to Ho Chi Mihn City.  Not totally sure how this will happen but coastal train seems to be the obvious choice.  Next we are off to the island of Borneo.  There we are climbing Kota Kinabalu, the largest mountain in S.E. Asia at around 13,000 feet.  Borneo has one of the oldest rain forests in the world having only regrown 2 or 3 times EVER.  next we have a relaxing wee and a half in Bali before heading south of the border.  Australia is split between Sydney and Melbourne over 2 1/2 weeks.

Next it's off to New Zealand!!!  That is when everything changes and becomes much more of a "living" abroad trip rather then a "traveling" abroad trip.

This trip is truly going to be an amazing, life changing experience.  I am going to try my hardest to keep this blog up to date and filled with wonderful stories and pictures while i am away.  I hope you can fallow me!


Until next time,
Paulo

No comments:

Post a Comment